Thursday, February 5, 2009

LOVE CRAFTS!



A few days back I got bit by the crafting bug. Since Valentine's Day is coming up I decided to make something for the special day.





I set out for the local craft store with a few ideas. I came home with some adorable scrapbooking paper, glittery letters, silver pipe cleaners, and some pretty ribbon I found in a fifty cent bin. With a little hot glue, hole punch, craft scissors I created a really CUTE addition to our Valentine decorations.





You could hang these over a mirror, window or from your fireplace mantle.





You might want to make other garlands with different "Valentine" words or
phrases. Get creative with embellishments like buttons, glitter or stickers that will make this craft TRULY your own.




Little hands love to lace the ribbon through the holes so it is a craft they can get in on. You could also make it an opportunity to review letters and phonics skills by simply asking what each letter is and what sound it makes.
Hope you will give this craft a try. I think you'll LOVE it!













































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So gifted. Who can take paper and make it look like that??? Only you!! ;)