Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hilltop Thrills

The Path

The Old Tree House

Beginning Stages




I couldn't wait for them to climb down.

Day 1 complete.

The Builders
Day 2


The floor is complete.


TIME FOR SOME RAILS!!!!!!


The view looking up the hill.



My son has been so excited to get to help his oldest cousin Michael, who is a very talented builder, build a tree house that sits high on the hillside behind my parents house. I guess most boys get excited when sawing and hammering are involved along with the thrill of climbing a tall ladder. (WHICH MAKES ME A LITTLE NERVOUS!) Of course my nervousness makes climbing tall ladders all the more fun for my him.

My oldest has learned so much about building, and has gained additional self confidence by learning a new skill. I think knowing he has contributed time and sweat for something that all of us will enjoy has been a WONDERFUL experience for him.



I will post additional photos of their work as it is completed.



No comments: