Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clover Chains A Simple Pleasure




My four year old daughter is quite the busy little bee at Clover Hill. She has inherited the crafting gene from several very creative relatives as well as me. She loves to busy herself creating a new masterpiece. We both were inspired by a visit from her mamaw ( my mother) who created clover chain jewelry for her to wear. We have shared some mom and daughter time since mamaw's visit gathering and making these simple creations together. They are very pretty, and so simple to make. There are several methods for creating these chains. I will share the simple knot method mamaw uses.

*Find a patch of clovers with an abundant supply of flowers. Choose two flowers to begin with.( flower A and flower B) Flowers with long stems are the easiest to work with.

*Hold flower A in one hand ,and carefully tie the end of the stem of flower B to the stem of flower A. There is no need for a fancy knot. A basic knot works just fine.

*Before you tighten the knot, pull it up to the base of the blossom of flower A. Now tighten the knot so that it is held in place by the bloom of flower A.

*Continue this pattern for as long as you want. When you reach your desired length knot each end together.

Now you have created not only something beautiful to wear, but beautiful memories as well.

1 comment:

regina said...

I'm excited about your new blog. It will be fun reading about whats going on in the lives of my sister and nephews and nieces. Sitting in the shade making clover chains is such a fond memory for me as a child. Corrie and I have yet to create ours, but now I'm inspired. Thanks. All my love, Regina.