Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Flag Day Baby Turns Eight

June 14,2008














































Flag Day is a special day here on Clover Hill not only because it is a special day devoted to our flag , but because it is my mom's and second born son's birthday. Seems like yesterday my husband and I met our beautiful second born. He really was a beautiful baby. I heard for several years from complete strangers what a beautiful LITTLE GIRL I had despite the VERY boyish clothes I dressed him in. He came into this world red faced and angry. He seemed quite mad with the whole birthday experience. He is my only child that got his daddy's blue eyes, and is the most like him of all. It is fitting that he was born on Flag Day for he is very patriotic, and loves American history. I will never forget what this little old lady said that used to work at a little antique shop I used to frequent. She came over and was admiring him, and in a very matter of a fact way she said while looking into my eyes," He is going to do great things when he grows up." Still sends chills up my spine. He has been a delight to us, and is loved very much by his brother and little sister. Happy 8th Birthday to our blue eyed boy! What a blessing you are.


Beautiful Boy by John Lennon


Close your eyes /Have no fear /The monster's gone/ He's on the run /and your daddy's here /Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy/ Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy/
Before you go to sleep /Say a little prayer /Every day in every way /It's getting better/ and better/ Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy /Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy/ Out on the ocean /sailing away/ I can hardly wait /To see you come of age/ But i guess we'll both just have to be patient/ 'cause it's a long way to go/ A hard row to hoe /Yes it's a long way to go /But in the meantime /Before you cross the street/ Take my hand /Life is what happens to you/ While you're busy making other plans/ Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy /Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy/ Before you go to sleep/ Say a little prayer /Every day /in every way/ It's getting better and better /Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy /Darling, darling, darling Darling boy.




1 comment:

Candy Girl said...

Hey Alana,
Welcome to the world of blogging!!!
Maybe I will be inspired to be less lazy on my blog... Maybe... We will just have to see.