Thursday, June 12, 2008

Clover Hill Crafts for Father's Day











What fun it is to create special gifts for people we love, and since Father's day is Sunday I spent some time with my children creating these wonderful little cards to give their daddy. I have to give credit to Family Fun Magazine for inspiring me. The shirt card idea third from left came directly from their fantastic web site, but the other three my children and I dreamed up. They all are very simple to make especially if you have some extra scrapbooking paper around.

Bow Tie Card
Scissors, Paper, and Glue is all you need for this project.

*Start by cutting a 12"x 3 1/2 " rectangle from the paper of your choice.
* Fold the rectangle in half.
*Now it is time to cut your bow tie shape. Use a pencil to draw a soft guide line that you can follow as you cut. When you are satisfied with your guide lines you can start to cut.
* Your card should now have a bow tie shape. Now cut a 2" x 4" rectangle from your paper. Wrap this piece around the center of the bow tie cover, and secure on the back with glue.
Tie Card
*Start by cutting a 12" x 3" rectangle from paper.
* Fold rectangle in half.
* Now it is time to cut tie shape. You may want to draw some guide lines to follow while cutting.
*Once you have a your tie shape it is time to cut a trapezoid shape for the knot of the tie. Glue this in place. If you wanted you could even buy a tie tack to give as a gift, and attach it to the tie card.
Pants
*You need a 12"x 4" rectangle.
* Fold this in half.
*Lightly draw inside pant leg lines and cut out.
*Use a marker to add pockets, belt loops, and cuffs.
I hope you will try these ideas. If you do let me know how they turn out. Have fun!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are SO cute. I wish my wardrobe was as cute! -Word Janitor

Anonymous said...

These are SO cute. I wish my wardrobe was as nice...WordsAreLifeK